There are several organisations in Slovakia focused on organisation and development of volunteering.
Youth Council of Slovakia
Prazska 11, 811 04 Bratislava 1
Youth Council of Slovakia is nongovernmental roof organisation of children´s and youth nongovernmental organisations. YCS consist of 38 NGOs focused on work with children and youth at this moment. Organisation is focused on realisation of activities in three main areas: representation, topics and service. YCS cooperates with several partners from abroad and is a member of European Youth Forum. The representative of YCS took part actively on meetings of working group of EYF for development of work with youth and Commission for matters of Council of Europe of European Youth Forum.
YCS realizes own professional and research activities and prepares project leading to exchange of experiences and cross-sectoral cooperation of subjects working with children and youth. Organisation creates a platform for meetings and networking of experts from different sectors and discusses with them the topics concerning children and young people. YCS provides service for its members and observers and detects the needs of children´s and youth organisations.
YCS focuses too on promotion of voluntarism of children´s and youth organisations. Organisation has realized national project 72 hours in Slovakia in 2010. The project mobilized 20 NGOs, 5000 young people at 500 voluntary activities.
More information at: http://www.72hodin.sk/.
IUVENTA is state organization directly managing by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of Slovakia. Iuventa offers educational, methodical and informational activities for various target groups.
The aim of Iuventa is to perform tasks resulting from the state policy towards children and youth.
The target groups of activities of IUVENTA:
* Voluntary and professional workers with youth from NGOs, youth organisations and educational institutions.
* Youth activists, leaders of non-formal groups etc.; Pedagogic workers from schools and educational institutions.
* Students from elementary and high schools.
* Workers from regional school offices and organizers of lower round of competitions.
* Workers from different offices which have impact on life and position of youth by their decisions.
* Researchers and PhD students in area of youth research
The main areas of activities of IUVENTA are following:
* Youth mobility and possibilities of its support,
* State support of talented youth,
* Study, work and free time of youth and youth workers,
* Participation of young people,
* Current legislation,
* Youth volunteering,
* Education in the area of human rights,
* Youth research,
* Work with youth and its support.
Ursulinska 3, 811 01 Bratislava
NGO C.A.R.D.O. was established in April 2004. The mission of organisation is development of volunteering in Slovakia.
* offers service and information for volunteers and voluntary organisations,
* propagate voluntarism in public,
* tries to motivate as many people as possible for volunteering,
* supports networking of voluntary organisations, realisation of seminars and conferences, researches in area of volunteering and other activities focused on voluntarism in Slovakia and in Europe.
C.A.R.D.O. coordinates project www.dobrovolnictvo.sk since 2007. It is a virtual voluntary centre which is service and informational portal for voluntary organisations, volunteers, public and business sector.